ECOBAT – your partner in take-back and recycling of batteries and accumulators
Since 2002 we have been a reliable provider of comprehensive services in collection and recycling of portable batteries. We provide free-of-charge collection containers for used batteries to towns and municipalities, schools, businesses, authorities and average consumers and we take care of free-of-charge transportation of collected batteries for recycling. We also help organizations comply with their legal obligations. We very actively raise awareness about and promote sorting of used batteries.
We have obtained a license for our activity from the Ministry of the Environment. We are a not-for-profit organization, and our activity is funded almost exclusively by producers and importers of batteries.
ECOBAT in figures
- We have provided services in battery collection and recycling for more than 20 years.
- 6 major battery importers participated in establishment of ECOBAT.
- Since 2009 we have been authorized to operate a collective take-back system for batteries and accumulators in the Czech Republic.
- Currently, more than 1,400 producers are involved in our system.
- We take care of more than 27,000 collection points all over the Czech Republic where used batteries can be returned for recycling.
- In 2021, we returned record-breaking 2,007 tonnes of used batteries for recycling, i.e., 48,9 % of all batteries marketed in the Czech Republic.
- For 15 years, we have actively supported the programme (Recyklohraní) „Recycle with Fun to Clean Up the World“ that teaches children from kindergartens, primary and secondary schools to sort waste.
- Our organization is a member of the European association EUCOBAT, which represents 25 major battery collective take-back systems from 19 European countries.
We appreciate your cooperation
We have a long track record of cooperation with collective systems in the Czech Republic and Europe. However, our important partners also include schools, regional, city and municipal authorities, active representatives of the business sector, retail networks and individuals. Thanks to all of them, we have managed to achieve ambitious collection objectives.
In the Czech Republic
- ASEKOL a.s. – Categories of electrical appliances 1 – 6
- ELEKTROWIN a.s. – Categories of electrical appliances 1 – 6
- RETELA, s.r.o. – Categories of electrical appliances 1 – 6
- Recyklohraní o.p.s. – education programme for schools Recycle with Fun to Clean up the World
- EUCOBAT – European association of national collection schemes for batteries
- EPBA – European Portable Battery Association