Pursuant to Czech and EU legislation, a producer or importer is any legal entity or individual authorized to do business, importing and marketing batteries or accumulators in the Czech Republic. The definition does not take into account the amount or weight of batteries and does not distinguish whether batteries or accumulators are sold separately or as part of electrical appliances or transportation vehicles.
Overview of obligations of producers
Any producer or importer marketing batteries or accumulators in the Czech Republic is primarily obliged to:
- Properly label batteries,
- Comply with the prohibition of launching portable batteries containing mercury (Hg) or cadmium (Cd) on the market or into circulation,
- Be registered in the List of Producers of the Ministry of the Environment,
- Duly inform battery end users and its business partners,
- Provide for the take-back (depending on the type of batteries – portable, industrial, or automotive batteries).
However, the list of obligations of producers is much longer. We will be glad to help our clients, or anyone earnestly interested in cooperation gain thorough knowledge of this field.
We can provide comprehensive services to you
Cooperating with ECOBAT is the easiest way for producers and importers of batteries and accumulators to ensure compliance with their legal obligations. We have been on the market for 20 years and thanks to our experience we can safely guide you through all process-related, organizational, and legislative issues. This service is provided for all categories of batteries and accumulators. With us, you have the guarantee of low user fees, free-of-charge service, and time-efficient cooperation. The benefits of cooperation with ECOBAT are endorsed by more than 1,400 producers who have already showed their confidence in us.
We can help with every type of batteries and accumulators. Portable, industrial, and automotive batteries
Our organization is authorized to operate a collective take-back system for batteries and accumulators. Upon conclusion of a collective performance agreement, we will facilitate your inscription in the List of Producers of the Ministry of the Environment, and we will take care of all obligations associated with take-back of batteries. Should you be interested, we can provide expert knowledge regarding battery labelling and prohibition of batteries containing heavy metals.
Is this the solution you have been looking for?
If you wish to comply with your legal obligations through the ECOBAT collective system, simply register using the contact form. You can also contact us by phone or in writing and we will gladly reply. We will provide a fully individual consultation.
Please have your information at hand
For an easy communication about your queries and needs, we recommend that you have the following information at hand:
- Categories, types, and brands of batteries that you currently market or plan launching on the market,
- Expected annual amount or weight of batteries marketed,
- Types of electrical appliances or transportation vehicles including batteries (if the batteries are integrated in or appended to electrical appliances).
- Directive 2006/66/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council
- Act No. 542/2020 Coll., on end-of-life products
- www.epbaeurope.net – European Portable Battery Association
- Annual Report ECOBAT 2021